Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yet Another Shoe Post...


I've always associated breaking in new shoes with breaking in a horse (not that I know anything about horses or horse training/riding. The closest I've ever come to it is driving a scooter I lovingly named "My Little Pony"). In my mind, both involve wearing out of the horse/the shoe a bit until they bend to your will/your foot. But three weeks after they were bought, my not so new pumps are no more comfortable than they were the first time I wore them.
I'm beginning to think that pumps are the footwear equivalent of those un-trainable wild bucks you see on the old Westerns... If anything =, I think it was my feet that broke: they're covered in wounds, blisters and developing calluses, plus I think my foot bones are slowly being rearranged and realigned.
I've completely bent to the will of my shoe and resigned to ther perpetual discomfort (incidentally, these are the same shoes which I called "surprisingly comfortable" when I first tried them on in the store). This morning, after changing into my pumps in the car, I made it out of the parking lot and into my office entrance before realizing I had put each shoe on the wrong foot...

3 comments:

Philip T. said...

for a moment there I thought I needed new glasses

tinarodriguez said...

Tetaw, Karma yan for when you and karina made fun of all the kalyos on my ginger foot.

tetaw said...

uy I never made fun of your gingerfoot ate!! hehehe deep seated insecurity ba ito??