Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hello, I'm Such A Fangirl

I’ve been a fan of Tim Harford ever since I accidentally picked-up Undercover Economist in a bookstore in Taiwan two years ago. It was lucky, I guess, since if I were in a store with more English books, I never would have bought and read it. Who knew Economics could be so addictive when it’s used to examine and explain non financial things??

Anyway, turns out that aside from being an Undercover Economist, Tim Harford also writes a column called Dear Economist in The Financial Times where he tries to answer “regular people’s” (regular people read Financial Times??) questions and concerns using Economic Theory. Being the dopey (I would have used “nerdy” instead of dopey, but nerds are actually smart) fangirl that I am, I wrote in a question to Dear Economist one slow afternoon in the office. And, wonder of wonders!! I received a reply within 15 minutes!!




I should probably not be this excited over an e-mail that could very well have been sent by an e-mail reply robot.. But anyway, I am!! I have a genuine Tim Harford e-mail reply!!! Now if I could only find a way to sell this on e-bay…

No comments: