Friday, November 28, 2008

Breaking News: Math Geeks are Smart, Not Smooth

So I'm in my SBM class again right? So naturally I'm idly reading random blogs while my professor is yapping on about probability sampling...

And lo and behold, I find this
Math Geek Pickup shirt from Talk Like A Physicist :




Then I thought, "hey I used to know how to do integral calculus! surely this equation holds some clever joke and is therefore worth solving". Unfortunately, three years of corporate life has eroded all knowledge of them fancy maths from my noggin (sorry kids, despite what your math professor says, chances are you will never use all those fancyschmancy calculations past college, unless, you know, you become a professor yourself *shudders*).


Anyway, with a little google dilligence, I managed to solve for the punchline.


Behold, the solution!


har har har... that's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back...

2 comments:

joyfulchicken said...

I couldn't solve it despite taking the Integral Calculus class twice back in college :-(

tetaw said...

ya, I don't know why they even bother teaching it really. nobody remembers it past their first month of graduation anyway.

They should try tattooing the formulas on students, maybe they'll remember it longer...