Tuesday, November 11, 2008

View From Beyond Saturn


This is 2006 picture of Saturn is so beautiful it looks unreal. This is Saturn directly in front of the sun. From what I could understand from the photography babble from the Nasa website, it's a color exaggerated composite of 165 pictures of the eclipse.

The thing I like about this picture is I'm actually in it (well, along with the rest of humanity)! I'm not sure if it's visible from the picture upload since blogger seems to make all my pictures smaller no matter what I do, but that little speck on the left is earth. I put the speech bubble there to make it more obvious(subtlety has never been one of my strong points :D).

I like looking at pictures like these when I get all morose and sulky. Its a good reminder of how trivial whatever the drama in my life is when compared with the immensity of even just our solar system. Its like Saturn is saying "look at me. now, look at you. what? you can't? then get over yourself!!".

No comments: