Monday, January 26, 2009

Goodbye For Now Taiwan

A month ago, I could barely wait to go home for Winter Break. Strangely enough, the night before my flight I can't help but feel a little sad to leave, especially now that the University is so quiet and deserted. It's actually pretty nice walking around campus without meeting anybody and hearing and seeing the few remaining dormers let it all hang out and talk and sing until mid morning. I also particularly enjoyed pulling out the lobby furniture into the dorm porch and having "lunch out" until 3 PM.

The old Tainan police station
Random building at NCKU

But of course, I'd pick the din of my semi-functional family and friends over the peace of an empty campus anyday. So, seeya Taiwan! My next post will be made from the Philippines...

2 comments:

Lizz said...

That red brick building reminds me strangely of the UP film center. Probably because anything made of red brick reminds of the UP film center. Haha.

tetaw said...

actually now that you mention it... it does look a lot like the UP film center, how did I miss that??